Monday 18 March 2013

Imagining sucess + video reading of my novel

As a treat for working so hard on writing and editing this week I visited Foyle's yesterday, hoping to buy my all time favourite book on writing, Writing down the bones by Natalie Goldberg, which I've mislaid. They didn't have it so I had to order, resisting the temptation to go to Amazon, as I believe in supporting real bookshops. 

Whilst in the bookshop I imagined my book on the shelves. Under P for Palmer. 

Here's an extract from my novel The Wish Bone that I want to see on those shelves. I'm editing the book at the moment. This chapter is told in Freddie's voice, Chloe is his young sister, and Mum is well, Mum. 

Let me know what you think, and thanks for listening. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

my housemate and I just watched our video mum. I've never got that far in your book, I liked it. But Holly's mum? Really? Meli wished you all the best and that you should publish it. Which you should. Soon. Keep going. xxx

Grace said...

Thanks Ellie. But you know you've fallen into that mistake of thinking you know who those characters are because you know me. My character are fictitious, and certainly not based on anyone you or I know x